Design Time: 9 Months
Production Time: 10 Months
Total Cost: $ 416,000
When this busy family relocated to Portland from the Midwest, they found a beautiful historic home in a popular and sought after neighborhood. They knew right away that their new dream home would need a top to bottom remodel to better fit the needs of their busy family. They were up for the challenge, and we created a plan to break their extensive remodel into phases so they could continue to live in the home during the renovations.
Their wish list included:
• An additional bathroom on the second floor.
• Remodeled kitchen and vestibule to the backyard, including a new back deck.
• Updated and reconfigured main floor bath with access from the master bedroom.
• Additional closet space in the master bedroom.
• Reconfiguring and finishing the basement, including closing off exterior access, bathroom update, laundry room update, guest bed nook, wine cellar and hang-out space.
• New stand-alone garage.
The client wanted to keep the vintage character of their home with features like inset painted cabinetry in the kitchen, subway tile, and a double pedestal in the main bath. For the 2nd floor bath, they felt a modern flair would be fitting with the boys’ style, so we incorporated a double floating vanity and a geometric tile wall feature.