Time to prepare: 50 minutes
Required Equipment: Rice Cooker
Take a trip to NOLA with this easy, zesty, and comforting Jambalaya recipe. Ask your butcher to slice the kielbasa for you to save time and dishware!
Shopping list (4 Servings):
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes and green peppers, drained
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
1. Combine all ingredients except shrimp in rice cooker. Cook using the “quick cooking” setting, if available.
2. When the rice cooker has about 12 minutes left in the cycle, open the lid and add shrimp. Close lid and continue cooking.
3. When finished, stir gently and serve immediately.