Time to prepare: 60 minutes
Required Equipment: Rice Cooker
This classic Spanish dessert is as easy to cook as it is delicious. It’s also very low in fat and sugar compared to most puddings.
Shopping list (4 Servings):
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 qt. whole milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablepoons honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Add milk and rice and set rice cooker to “Quick Cooking” setting.
2. After a full cooking cycle, open the lid, add sugar and honey, and stir. Then close the lid and run for another “Quick Cooking” cycle.
3. After the second cycle has completed, open the lid and let cool for 20 minutes. Then top with ground cinnamon (if desired) and serve warm. Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.