Rice Cooker Chipotle Beef Chili
Time to prepare: 70 minutes
Required Equipment: Rice Cooker, Spatula
A quick and tasty chili recipe, classic comfort food with minimal clean-up. If you don’t want it too spicy, simply cut the chili powder and adobo sauce in half!
Shopping list (4 Servings):
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (you will want to get a 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and use only the sauce, not the peppers!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese and green onions for serving (optional)
1. Put the raw ground beef into the rice cooker and run for a full cycle. Use the “quick cooking” setting, if available.
2. After the cooking cycle has completed, drain any liquid and break the cooked ground beef into smaller pieces with a spatula.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Be sure to drain the liquid from the beans before adding.
4. Run for another cooking cycle (again, “quick cooking” setting is best) and serve immediately. Top with cheddar cheese and chopped green onion if desired.