Time to prepare: 1 Hour
Required Equipment: Blender or Food Processor, Rice Cooker
This quick and tasty southern classic is terrific on it’s own, and even better with a bowl of our Spicy Chipotle Chili.
Shopping list (4 Servings):
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey (plus extra for serving)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 table spoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
To make cornbread:
1. Mix all wet ingredients (eggs, sour cream, milk, and oil) in mixing bowl.
2. Add cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and mix just until combined, don’t over mix!
3. Line your rice cooker’s steam tray with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray, oil, or butter.
4. Pour batter into steam tray.
5. Add two cups of water to your rice cooker’s bowl, and place the steam tray inside. Cook on “white rice” setting.
6. After cooking cycle has completed, invert cornbread onto a plate. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice, and serve!
To make honey butter:
1. Pour cream into blender or food processor, and secure lid.
2. Blend for 2-3 minutes, until butter and excess liquid begin to separate.
3. Once separated, pour out the liquid. Continue to blend and pour out the excess liquid until you have reached the consistency of smooth butter.
4. Add honey and blend until combined.
5. Serve and enjoy! Can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.